Descrição da vaga
WeWork is seeking a highly motivated Corporate Counsel to join the Legal team in our Sao Paulo Headquarters. The Corporate Counsel will report to the Regional General Counsel for LATAM.
The Corporate Counsel will provide general-level support to the Legal Department on a variety of corporate, labor, real estate, litigation, regulatory and compliance matters for WeWork’s operation in Brazil.
The Primary Responsibilities For This Role Are
- Draft, review, negotiate and advise on a wide range of contracts including partnership agreements, intercompany agreements, consulting, confidentiality agreements, joint venture agreements and service provider contracts.
- Creating and dissolving company entities.
- Elaborating powers of attorney.
- Responsible of corporate books and legal filings of all entities.
- Draft and/or coordinate the proper documentation of board resolutions and meeting minutes.
- Participate and provide legal support for activities associated with leasing, financing and other typical real estate transactions .
- Work closely with officers and employees in minimizing corporate risk while maintaining a competitive business environment.
- Anticipate and identify legal issues of concern to the company, and develop strategies and solutions to resolve situations.
- Ensure the compliance of the company´s activities with local and regulatory laws (e.g. Privacy, Anti-money laundering).
- Prepare draft policies and procedures and other documents related to governance, regulatory compliance and business operations of the Company.
- Coordination of outside counsel related to the entity operations, including any outstanding litigation, government filings, labor, permitting and entitlement, among others.
- Identify the need for external legal advice and engage appropriate outside counsel on a range of legal issues in Brazil.
- Analyze and interpret external guidance and lead its implementation.
Education and Experience
- 3-5 years experience as an attorney within a recognized legal firm, multinational company, retail or real estate company.
- Position requires a Law Bachelor’s Degree from Brazil.
- Working knowledge of corporate book keeping and corporate governance is required. General corporate and transactional experience strongly preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English are required. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with a non-legal audience required.
- Demonstrated computer skills, including Excel, Word, and other applicable software programs required.
Nível de experiência
- Marketing e publicidade Tecnologia da informação e serviços Software
Tipo de emprego
Funções de trabalho